run until the normal working temperature is reached;
"We warmed up the car for a few minutes"
become more friendly or open;
"She warmed up after we had lunch together"
get warm or warmer;
"The soup warmed slowly on the stove"
cause to do preliminary exercises so as to stretch the muscles;
"The coach warmed up the players before the game"
make one's body limber or suppler by stretching, as if to prepare for strenuous physical activity
- The climate of that area has been warming up.
- The ice melts gradually as the weather gets warm.
- His witticisms souped up the talks.
- He livened up the party by telling a joke.
- Christensen does his usual push-ups to warm up.
- The coach warmed up the players before the game.