- n. 大意；要旨；常规；男高音；次中音乐器；（票据或支票的）期限
- adj. (乐器)次中音的；(组钟中的)最低音的；男高音的
- n. [语]本体
the adult male singing voice above baritone
the pitch range of the highest male voice
an adult male with a tenor voice
a settled or prevailing or habitual course of a person's life;
"nothing disturbed the even tenor of her ways"
the general meaning or substance of an utterance;
"although I disagreed with him I could follow the tenor of his argument"
(of a musical instrument) intermediate between alto and baritone or bass;
"a tenor sax"
of or close in range to the highest natural adult male voice;
- I forget the tenor of her reply.
- I understood the tenor of their conversation but not the details.
- I am not competent to catch on the tenor what the lecturer spoke.
- His appearance disrupted the even tenor of her life.
- The tenor disappointed us by singing flat.
- The tenor soloist is unable to appear tonight because of illness.
Countless papers, expressed in..verbose and tedious tenor.出自： J. H. Burton
The very tenor of the conversation excluded men.出自： A. Brookner