- [C][U]意图,意向; 目的; 打算 that which one purposes or plan to do; aim; meaning
an anticipated outcome that is intended or that guides your planned actions;
"his intent was to provide a new translation"
"good intentions are not enough"
"it was created with the conscious aim of answering immediate needs"
"he made no secret of his designs"
(usually plural) the goal with respect to a marriage proposal;
"his intentions are entirely honorable"
an act of intending; a volition that you intend to carry out;
"my intention changed once I saw her"
- I held back not knowing his real intention.
- What do you think was the author's intention in this passage?
- Acquaint him with your intention.
- Have you heard of her intention to resign?
- They have no intention of getting married at present.
- abandon one's intention 放弃打算
- announce〔declare〕 one's intention 说明意图
- carry out an intention 实现心愿
- conceal an intention 掩饰动机〔目的〕
- disguise〔intimate〕 one's intention 掩饰〔暗示〕自己的意图
- get at the real intention 领会真正的意图
- have an intention 有某种打算
- keep one's intention private〔secret〕 隐藏自己的动机
- puzzle out sb's intention 推敲出某人的意图
- state one's intention 说明意图
- bad〔evil, good〕 intention 恶〔歹,善〕意
- cordial〔sincere〕 intention 诚意
- deliberate intention 蓄意
- moral intention 道德感
- original intention 最初的意图〔打算〕
- secret intention 隐藏的想法,暗自打算
- serious intention 认真的打算
My soule..Is hurt with mere intention on their follies.出自： Jonson
When thou prayest do it considerately, advisedly, with the whole Intention of thy Soul.出自： M. Hale