- [U]决心; 决定 quality of being firmly committed to doing sth; precise fixing of sth
- [U][C]确定,测定 the finding of the exact position or nature of sth
the act of determining the properties of something, usually by research or calculation;
"the determination of molecular structures"
the quality of being determined to do or achieve something; firmness of purpose;
"his determination showed in his every movement"
"he is a man of purpose"
a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration;
"a decision unfavorable to the opposition"
"his conclusion took the evidence into account"
"satisfied with the panel's determination"
deciding or controlling something's outcome or nature;
"the determination of grammatical inflections"
the act of making up your mind about something;
"the burden of decision was his"
"he drew his conclusions quickly"
- He was utterly ruthless in his determination to succeed.
- Our sales people need determination and drive.
- The determination of the amount of iron in ore is very important.
- The determination will aversely affect the outcome of the game.
- In the event that an affirmative determination of dumping and injury is made, the undertaking shall continue consistent with its terms and the provisions of this Agreement.
- The choice of a foster home was left to the determination of the court.
- The determination of a name for the club took a very long time.
- Conclusion Diagnosis is depended on qualitative determination of the pericardial effusion and level diagnosis by radionuclide lymphography.
- The application of genechip based on bioinfomatics became a stronger tool for environmental microbial ecological study and gene determination of function enzyme.
- Firm determination moves mountains.
- She is responsible for the determination of wage levels within this company.
- The police chief spoke of his determination to catch the killers.
- All this increased my determination to try in every way to fight against that war.
- determination to succeed 力争成功的决心
They were neither of them dissatisfied with the Knight's Determination.出自： Addison
In the determination of this question the identity of virtue and knowledge is found to be involved.出自： B. Jowett
- resolution指自觉地正式表示的决心，含极强的主观能动意味，比如new year's resolution。
- ☆ 14世纪中期进入英语，直接源自拉丁语的determinatio，意为到了界限，期限。