- vt. 包围；环绕
- n. 环绕物
- vt. 包围 be or go around on every side
the area in which something exists or lives;
"the country--the flat agricultural surround"
extend on all sides of simultaneously; encircle;
"The forest surrounds my property"
"smother the meat in gravy"
surround so as to force to give up;
"The Turks besieged Vienna"
surround with a wall in order to fortify
- The house was surrounded by high walls.
- They have surrounded the town with troops.
- Trees surround the pond.
- This old fireplace has a very attractive surround.
- He's not very well tuned in to his surround.
- The workers surrounded them, pumping their hands enthusiastically, congratulating them.
- Immediately the soldiers surrounded him and his son.
- All his family surrounded his death bed.
- The firemen surrounded the burning building.
- The police surrounded the house.
- Then he sent a unit to surround Longli southeast of Guiyang.
- A wall surrounds the garden.
- A picket fence surrounds the yard.
- A high wall surrounded the prison camp.
- A mosquito-netting completely surrounds our bed.
- Complete secrecy surrounded the meeting.
- The enemy was surrounded ring upon ring.
- The bandits were surrounded on three sides.
- This made top news in the surrounding countryside.
- The town's water comes from the surrounding hills.
- Our area is a hilly area surrounded on three sides by mountains.
- There we saw a house surrounded with trees.
- surround by〔with〕 (v.+prep.)
以…环绕〔包围…〕 encircle (sth or sb) with (sth or things)
surround sb/sth by〔with〕 sb/sth
He likes to surround himself by beautiful things.
The original builders surrounded the city with a wall.
They have surrounded the town with troops.
They surrounded the sick girl with every comfort.
The film star was immediately surrounded by a crowd of young people.
He was surrounded by the smiling faces of his friends.
In England they were surrounded by esteem and sympathy.
The harbour is surrounded by trees.
The prison is surrounded by a high wall.
Each bamboo house was surrounded by a thriving orchard.
The house was surrounded by a large garden with a rockery.
He is surrounded by danger.
She was always surrounded with fashionable friends.
The county town is surrounded with walls.
It was surrounded with heaps of combustible materials.
We are surrounded with comforts.
We are surrounded with dangers.
- surround bed 围在床周围
- surround camp 包围营地
- surround city 包围城市
- surround enemy 包围敌人
- surround house 包围房子
- surround mother 围住母亲
- surround a singer 围住一位歌星
- surround teacher 围住老师
- surround town 包围城镇
- surround yard 包围院子
- surround artificially 假装包围
- surround enthusiastically 热心地围拢
- surround fraternally 如兄弟般地靠拢
- surround immediately 立即包围
- surround quaintly 离奇地包围
- surround triumphantly 胜利地包围
A small photograph in a golden oval surround.出自： B. Vine
She stood surrounded by colleagues and admirers.出自： E. L. Doctorow
A wide porch..surrounded the whole house.出自： B. Head
If her husband had surrounded her with love and trust, Georgie might have been..more relaxed.出自： fig.
There is still a conspiracy of silence surrounding death.出自： A. Taylor
- surround, circle, encompass, environ, gird, girdle, hem, ring
- surround指成环状包围,有时也指形成某种环境或边界; environ强调永久或长期地被包围; circle强调合围成一个实在的封圈,也指环绕某物、某处运行; encompass指出于保护、尊敬或敌视等动机把某人或某地包围起来; gird指围成一道牢固或不可突破的屏障; girdle则暗示形成带状围绕; ring指围成一个圈。
- enclose 圈起
- encircle 包围
- envelop 包封
- enfold 包裹
- border 边界
- besiege 围攻
- hem in 围住(包围
- mantle 斗篷
- edge 边缘
- wrap 包
- mount 登上
- edging 边缘
- encompass 围绕
- embrace 拥抱
- frame 骨架
- setting 背景
- rim 边
- encase 把...装入箱中...
- lay siege to 包围(企图赢得)...
- gird 束
- circle 圆圈
- beset 包围
- blanket 毛毯
- circumscribe 限制
- siege 包围
- compass 圆规
- corral 畜栏
- in 在 ... 里
- web 网
- confine 限制
- bound 必定的
- circumvent 绕行
- wall 墙壁
- environs 郊外
- environ 包围
- skirt 裙子
- palisade 篱笆
- surroundings 周围的事物
- smother 窒息
- ring 戒指
- fence 栅栏
- fence in 用栅栏围起来...
- environment 环境
- beleaguer 围攻