- vt. 取代；接替；废弃
take the place or move into the position of;
"Smith replaced Miller as CEO after Miller left"
"the computer has supplanted the slide rule"
"Mary replaced Susan as the team's captain and the highest-ranked player in the school"
- Will factory workers be entirely superseded by machines one day?
- Motorways have largely superseded ordinary roads for long-distance travel.
- The use of robots will someday supersede manual labor.
- Any one could supersede you as manager in my office.
- We should supersede outdated regulations and customs.
Mrs Wickam..superseded Mrs. Richards as the nurse of little Paul.出自： Dickens
The tractor had..superseded the plough.出自： V. Woolf
The original wooden structure was destroyed when it was superceded by stone.出自：Times