- n. （传唤出庭的）传票
- v. 用（传票）传唤
- 传讯，传审 ，传召
a writ issued by court authority to compel the attendance of a witness at a judicial proceeding; disobedience may be punishable as a contempt of court
serve or summon with a subpoena;
"The witness and her records were subpoenaed"
- The couple may get a subpoena to appear.
- They got a subpoena to examine our books.
- Subpoena shall be issued for coercive summons.
- The witness are subpoenaed to attend the trial.
- If a witness refuses to participate， the Clerk can help subpoena him or her.
It was very hard..to get a respond to a subpoena if he lived out of the state.出自： N. Mailer