- adj. 独立的；真实的；持久的；本质的；名词性的；大量的；规定义务与责任的；实质的
- n. 作名词用的词或词组
any word or group of words functioning as a noun
having a firm basis in reality and being therefore important, meaningful, or considerable;
defining rights and duties as opposed to giving the rules by which rights and duties are established;
being on topic and prompting thought;
"a meaty discussion"
- The airwaves are noisy with nonsense at a time when we need serious, substantive information.
- The paper uses substantive cases to make it demotic and pellucid.
- Its importance was evident from the large number of substantive proposals tabled during the ongoing discussion.
- It was a lengthy speech but he made few substantive points.
- Dominique Moisi, senior advisor to the French Institute for International Relations in Paris, tells VOA that key substantive issues are defense and security.
The cab was a substantive world and had no connection with ours.出自： M. Gee
- essential 本质的
- substantial 大量的
- practical 明智的
- applicable 合适的
- functional 功能的
- utilitarian 功利的
- fundamental 基本的
- basic 基本的
- central 中心的
- elementary 基本的
- independent 独立的
- autonomous 自治的
- separate 分开的
- individual 单独的
- decent 相当好的
- considerable 重要的
- respectable 值得尊重的
- significant 重要的
- meaty 肉的
- adjective 形容词