the state of inactivity following an interruption;
"the negotiations were in arrest"
"held them in check"
"during the halt he got some lunch"
"the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"
"he spent the entire stop in his seat"
an obstruction in a pipe or tube;
"we had to call a plumber to clear out the blockage in the drainpipe"
the act of stopping something;
"the third baseman made some remarkable stops"
"his stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood"
- This film is a dramatic treatment of a threatened stoppage in a factory.
- Play resumed quickly after the stoppage.
- His stoppage of the flow resulted in a flood.
- work stoppage 停工斗争
- quick stoppage 骤止
- forced stoppage 强制停机
- mechanical stoppage 机械故障
- stoppage period 停工时期
- unavoidable stoppage 不可避免的耽搁...
- stoppage of machine 机械停止
- motor stoppage 停车,关闭发动机...
- temporary stoppage 短时停机, 临时停机...
- filter stoppage 过滤器堵塞
- stoppage in transit 中途截止货物权...
- stoppage at source 源头征税
- stoppage in transitu [经] 停运权
She should receive her income regularly and without stoppages.出自： Ld Macaulay