get involved, so as to alter or hinder an action, or through force or threat of force;
"Why did the U.S. not intervene earlier in WW II?"
act as a substitute;
"She stood in for the soprano who suffered from a cold"
- The man walked into the house in the dark.
- If I came in here by myseif, I'd get progged.
- Don't intrude in a family dispute.
- I dislike my mother's interfering in the affair.
- I think I ought to cut in on what they are doing.
- Don't interfere in matters that do not concern you!