take the first step or steps in carrying out an action;
"We began working at dawn"
"Who will start?"
"Get working as soon as the sun rises!"
"The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"
"He began early in the day"
"Let's get down to work now"
"The family took off for Florida"
- She was lonely at the very start.
- After a promising start, things began to turn sour.
- We'll make an early start for the beach.
- We'll start at six on Friday morning.
- They are setting out on a new experiment.
- I believe if we start immediately,there's still some hope.
- start out 开始