- n. 唾液；小雨；烤肉叉；海峡；酷似；彻底的擦洗
- v. 吐口水；吐出；厉声说出；下小雨；(指火、熬热的油脂等)毕剥作响；用烤肉叉叉住；彻底地擦洗设备
- 岬， 狭长的暗礁
- 啐唾沫， 吐痰
- 烤肉叉，烤肉扦， 烤肉铁签
- vi. & vt. 吐痰 send liquid out from the mouth; do this as a sign of contempt or hatred
- vi. & vt. 发出突突声 throw out; make the noise of spitting
a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
a clear liquid secreted into the mouth by the salivary glands and mucous glands of the mouth; moistens the mouth and starts the digestion of starches
a skewer for holding meat over a fire
the act of spitting (forcefully expelling saliva)
expel or eject (saliva or phlegm or sputum) from the mouth;
"The father of the victim spat at the alleged murderer"
utter with anger or contempt
"It has only sprinkled, but the roads are slick"
drive a skewer through;
"skewer the meat for the BBQ"
- Mary's spit flew as she shouted.
- Because there is spit on highland.
- The beefis roasting nicely on the spit.
- The child is the very spit of his father.
- I have a friend who is the dead spit of you.
- The car needs some spit and polish.
- The boys were spitting out of the train window.
- It's rude to spit in public.
- The nurse told the child to spit out the stone.
- They baby always spit up when he is burped.
- She could hardly spit out the hateful words.
- It's not raining heavily any more, but it's still spitting a bit.
- Spit the mutton on this stick and turn it over the fire.
- spit at (v.+prep.)
向…吐唾沫 send liquid from the mouth, usually rudely, towards (sb)
spit at sb
It's very rude to spit at someone.
- spit in (v.+prep.)
把唾沫等吐入… send liquid from the mouth into (sth)
spit in sth
If you spit in a London bus you may be fined ￡5.
If you must spit at all, please spit in the bucket provided.
- spit in eye〔face〕 (v.+prep.+n.)
蔑视某人 show a complete lack of respect for sb
spit in the eye〔face〕 of sb
That boy is so badly behaved that he cares nothing for manners, and spits in the eye of all the teachers.
- spit on〔upon〕 (v.+prep.)
把唾沫吐在…上 send liquid from the mouth onto (sth or sb)
spit on〔upon〕 sth
Don't spit on the sidewalk.
- spit out (v.+adv.)
愤怒地说 utter angrily or sharplyHe spat out angry words at his tormentors.他厉声地咒骂着折磨他的人。
- spit up (v.+adv.)
咯出… bring (sth) up from the mouth or throat with effort
spit sth ⇔ up
You'd better call the doctor, the child had been spitting up blood all morning.
- spit blood 咯血
- spit accurately 准确地吐
- spit carelessly 不小心地吐
- spit disgustingly 令人作呕地吐
- spit incessantly 不停地吐
- spit nauseatingly 使人恶心地吐
- spit venomously 恶意地吐
- spit vulgarly 粗俗地吐
- spit out 吐出来
- spit up 咯出,咳出
Wild hogs turn on spits all day.出自： V. S. Reid
Five of the cookers had roasting spits.出自：Which?
It's your spit that makes a Gobstopper change colour.出自： R. Dahl
The candle coughed, spat, and went out.出自： J. G. Farrell
The car spat and coughed badly.sss sssM. Hocking出自：Hot Car
A bundle of rags was spitted on a nail.出自： I. Watson
- dribble 使 ... 慢慢流下...
- saliva 唾液
- skewer 串肉杆
- drivel 傻话
- spittle 唾液
- drool 流口水
- gob 一小团
- sputter 喷溅
- sizzle (油煎食物时)发出咝咝声...
- utter 完全的
- hiss 嘘声
- impale 刺穿
- rain 雨
- shower 淋浴
- sputum 唾液
- rotisserie 电转烤肉架
- brochette 小烤串
- rod 杆
- broach 烧叉肉
- expectoration 咳痰
- expectorate 咳出
- pitter-patter 劈啪声(雨声）...
- ptyalise 催涎
- tongue 舌头
- spatter 溅
- spue 吐出
- spitting 吐出(逆火
- spit out 吐出
- spew 喷出
- ptyalize 催涎
- patter 急速拍打声
- sprinkle 洒