with low volume;
"speak softly but carry a big stick"
"she spoke quietly to the child"
"the radio was playing softly"
in a manner that is pleasing to the senses;
"she smiled softly"
with little weight or force;
"she kissed him lightly on the forehead"
used as a direction in music; to be played relatively softly
- The room was softly lit by a lamp.
- A musical bell softly sounded somewhere in the passageway.
- She murmured softly to the baby in her arms.
- They look at each other with eyes softly aglow.
- He nestled his grizzled chin in his hand and smiled softly at me.
He..stroked her hair softly.出自： M. Callaghan
- lightly 轻轻地
- gently 轻轻地
- tenderly 温柔地
- delicately 优美地
- kindly 和蔼的
- sympathetically 同情地
- faintly 微弱地
- dimly 微暗地
- subtly 敏锐地
- quietly 安静地
- piano 钢琴
- loudly 大声地