in a gradual manner;
"a gently sloping terrain"
in a gentle manner;
"he talked gently to the injured animal"
with little weight or force;
"she kissed him lightly on the forehead"
- He rotates the handle gently.
- The waves gently lap against the shore.
- She caressed his hair very gently.
- She held the bird gently in her palm.
- The sun gently glistened through the leaves.
- The land dips gently to the south.
A valley..tilted up gently towards the west.出自： J. Buchan
Tom laid his hammer gently on the floor.出自： J. Steinbeck
- lightly 轻轻地
- softly 柔和地
- mildly 柔和地
- quietly 安静地
- smoothly 平滑地
- soothingly 安慰地(缓和地...
- tenderly 温柔地
- moderately 适度地
- slightly 些微地
- gradually 逐渐地