- 精选，挑选，区分， 筛选，筛分
- vt. 筛，筛滤 separate by putting through a sieve
- vt. 细查，详审 make a close and thorough examination (of things in a mass or group)
move as if through a sieve;
"The soldiers sifted through the woods"
separate by passing through a sieve or other straining device to separate out coarser elements;
"sift the flour"
check and sort carefully;
"sift the information"
distinguish and separate out;
"sift through the job candidates"
- Sift the flour before making the cake.
- Snow sifted through the crack in the roof into the room.
- Sift out the wheat from the chaff.
- She had to sift ashes from the cinders.
- The police will sift through the data for clues.
- We have to sift through the application forms very carefully to separate the wheat from the chaff.
- He was sifting the sand through his fingers on the beach.
- The police was sifting the evidence.
Crushers sifted the ashes for any gold that had escaped the prospectors.出自： D. M. Thomas
Mother makes the batter..sifting the flour.出自： M. Atwood
- sifting n. 筛，过滤