an outward or token appearance or form that is deliberately misleading;
"he hoped his claims would have a semblance of authenticity"
"he tried to give his falsehood the gloss of moral sanction"
"the situation soon took on a different color"
an erroneous mental representation
picture consisting of a graphic image of a person or thing
- By now any semblance of normality had disappeared.
- Your mother bears the semblance of yourself.
- Those clouds have the semblance of a large head.
- He escaped under the semblance of a university student.
- He bears the semblance of an angel and the heart of a devil.
- He was sad, but his face had the semblance of a smile.
I kept up the semblance of a perfectly false cheer.出自： M. Gordon
The children were united only in preserving before Charles a semblance of harmony.出自： M. Lane