- v. 争论；推托；说模棱两可的话；说俏皮话；谬论
- n. 吹毛求疵；遁辞；谬论；双关话
an evasion of the point of an argument by raising irrelevant distinctions or objections
evade the truth of a point or question by raising irrelevant objections
argue over petty things;
"Let's not quibble over pennies"
- Don't quibble about unimportant things with me.
- Stop quibbling about the use of the comma.
- When heaven gives a sign,a wise man does not quibble.
- Such a quibble did not trouble Livingston and his friends.
- The only quibble about this book is the lack of colour illustrations.
- She's only introducing this as a quibble.
My only complaints are quibbles..there is no telephone in the bathroom.出自：Business Traveller
Quibbling with very subtle and unreal distinctions.出自： E. H. Gombrich
Her work took too long..But he was not going to quibble about it.出自： L. Grant