a statement that is not literally false but that cleverly avoids an unpleasant truth
intentionally vague or ambiguous
falsification by means of vague or ambiguous language
- There is an element of equivocation in some of his statements.
- He answered openly and honestly without hesitation or equivocation.
- Equivocation is first cousin to a lie.
- These actions must be condemned without equivocation.
- You would wrong him and wrong yourself by equivocation of any kind.
The Bishop..stooped to an equivocation too transparent to deceive any one.出自： J. A. Froude
Such resolves would lead..to death, definitely and without equivocation.出自： fig.