"Insert your ticket here"
keep or lay aside for future use;
"store grain for the winter"
"The bear stores fat for the period of hibernation when he doesn't eat"
break into a conversation;
"her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
set up for use;
"install the washer and dryer"
"We put in a new sink"
make an application as for a job or funding;
"We put in a grant to the NSF"
to insert between other elements;
"She interjected clever remarks"
- He put the key in the lock and turned it.
- A new chapter is included in the second edition.
- I will put your views to the committee.
- He sent in his resignation long ago.
- He was put in charge of the advertising department.
- Mr. Brown nominated Bob for membership in the club.
- The country has put an embargo on all imports.
- A truce should be made in the interval.
- It will cost in the region of $500.
- He put in three hours every day at the hospital.
- Oats is a crop grown mainly in cold climates.
- Potato grows in many parts of the world.
- They have put the army on the alert.
- The old man is in the twilight of his career.
- He claimed a pension in virtue of his long illness.
- Are you going to put in for that job?
- put in a good word for 为 ... 说好话...
- put in for 申请
- put in practice 实施
- put one's foot in it 因处理不当而招惹麻烦...
- put one's oar in 干涉
- put in a claim for sth. 认领某物
- put one's finger in one's eye 哭泣
- put in best licks 尽最大努力苦干...
- put the ax in the helve 解决难题(解谜)...
- put someone in the picture 把最新情况告诉某人...
- put in to the background 推到幕后,置于次要的...
- put a sock in it 让某人安静
- put in the shade 使失色, 使相形见绌...
- Put that in your pipe and smoke it 你自己考虑考虑...
- put one's hand in a hornet's nest 捅马蜂窝
- put oneself in someone's shoes 设身处地
- put someone in his place 使某人不敢越轨,使某...
- put someone in mind 提醒某人
- put oneself in someone's place 设身处地
- put oneself in someone's hands 听凭某人处理,将自己...
- insert 插入
- install 安装
- infuse 注入
- seed 种子
- lay in 贮存
- come in 进来
- interpose 插入
- submit 使服从
- stick in 放入
- introduce 介绍
- instal 安装
- break in 闯入
- inclose 围住
- stash away 存放, 藏起来...
- inject 注射
- cut in 切入
- throw in 扔进
- store 商店
- barge in 闯入
- enclose 圈起
- chime in 插话
- chisel in 干涉
- interject 插话
- butt in 插嘴
- salt away 省钱以备将来...
- set up 建立