allow someone to have a share or profit
drive in front of another vehicle leaving too little space for that vehicle to maneuver comfortably
break into a conversation;
"her husband always chimes in, even when he is not involved in the conversation"
interrupt a dancing couple in order to take one of them as one's own partner;
"Jim always cuts in!"
mix in with cutting motions
- We are having a lesson on how to cut.
- Post feed and Baseline Cut options.
- Don't try to cut in while others are talking.
- She broke in with some ideas of her own.
- It is dangerous to cut in during the rush hour.
- I was carved up by a lunatic in a Porsche.