a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
small and remote and insignificant;
"a jerkwater college"
"passed a series of poky little one-horse towns"
- Life is like crossing the sea, we meet in the same poky boat.
- He set up in business fifty years ago in a tiny, poky shop in London.
- This bedroom is too poky for me.
- I wish you wouldn't be so poky when you're getting ready.
- a poky hole of a place 非常窄小的地方...
If religion is going to make me so poky, I shall put it off.出自： H. B. Stowe