a short light metallic sound
a correctional institution used to detain persons who are in the lawful custody of the government (either accused persons awaiting trial or convicted persons serving a sentence)
make a high sound typical of glass;
"champagne glasses clinked to make a toast"
make or emit a high sound;
- She knows you were in the clink.
- You'd better start behaving yourself or you'll end up in the clink young man!
- We heard clink come from that room.
- I heard the clink of coins in his pockets.
- They clinked glasses and drank to each other's health.