- [S]开始,开端 the beginning
the time at which something is supposed to begin;
"they got an early start"
"she knew from the get-go that he was the man for her"
- At the outset, it looked like a nice day.
- You should explain this to him from the outset.
- An ardent outset may be followed by declension.
- I warned you at the outset not to trust him, and you wouldn't listen to me.
- He was not here at the outset of the experiment.
A good outset is half the voyage.出自： W. Irving
I made up my mind at the outset.出自： H. James
From the outset Freud had been suspicious of him.出自： P. Grosskurth