continue in existence after (an adversity, etc.);
"He survived the cancer against all odds"
succeed in a big way; get to the top;
"After he published his book, he had arrived"
"I don't know whether I can make it in science!"
"You will go far, my boy!"
go successfully through a test or a selection process;
"She passed the new Jersey Bar Exam and can practice law now"
- Although she scrubbed the old pot thoroughly, she could not make it look completely clean.
- The hollies in the garden make it look solemn.
- He puts grease on his hair to make it shiny.
- The book will be indexed in the next edition so as to make it more useful.
- The train goes at10.15. I think we shall make it.
- In addition, delphi2.0 make it easy for customer to create application to meet the requirement to get the window95 logo.
- "There was glass flying all over the place, " she said. "I got hit in the head by something. I looked down and saw Josh holding his chest. I was kind of scared because the way he was holding his chest I didn't think he was going to make it."
- He larded the duck with pig fat to make it tasty.
- make it snappy 赶快(干脆一点)...
- make a night of it 痛快地玩一晚上...
- make it worth sb.'s while 酬谢某人
- make it up to 报答(补偿)
- make it warm for someone 使某人为难,使某人处...
- make it too hot for someone 迫使某人离去,弄得某...
- make a day of it 把整天的时间用于某事...
- make it a rule 习惯于(通常)...
- make a bolt for it 赶快
- just like mother used to make it 有家庭烹调风味...
- make it a condition that 以 ... 为条件...
- make good weather of it 能经受风浪
- make a great business of it 棘手; 觉得麻烦...
- It takes two to make a quarrel. [谚]一个巴掌拍不响...
- make it worth someone's while 贿赂某人
- make a run of it 逃之夭夭
- make a good job of it 办得好, 处理得好...
- make it 成功 达到预定目标,...
- make it hot for 穿小鞋
- make it too hot to hold someone 迫使某人离去,弄得某...