not close together in time;
"isolated instances of rebellion"
"a few stray crumbs"
being or feeling set or kept apart from others;
"she felt detached from the group"
"could not remain the isolated figure he had been"
"thought of herself as alone and separated from the others"
"had a set-apart feeling"
marked by separation of or from usually contiguous elements;
"little isolated worlds, as abruptly disjunct and unexpected as a palm-shaded well in the Sahara"
cut off or left behind;
"an isolated pawn"
"several stranded fish in a tide pool"
"travelers marooned by the blizzard"
under forced isolation especially for health reasons;
"a quarantined animal"
remote and separate physically or socially;
"existed over the centuries as a world apart"
"preserved because they inhabited a place apart"
"tiny isolated villages remote from centers of civilization"
"an obscure village"
- Unfortunately, this is not an isolated incident.
- The enemy was holed up in a few isolated strongholds.
- As an independent republic, they would be politically and economically isolated.
- There is a strong spirit of fraternity among these isolated people.
- Furthermore, the protein isolated in the periplasm can be purified by nickel ion affinity chromatography.
- The most common bacteria isolated from the conjunctiva are small numbers of coagulase-negative staphylococcus and diphtheroids.
- Scientists have isolated the virus causing the epidemic.
- isolate 使孤立
- isolated area 孤立区域
- isolated interstice 单独裂隙
- isolated point 孤立
- isolated culture 离体培养
- isolated plant 专用装置,孤立发电装...
- isolated foundation 防振地基
- isolated footing 独立基础,独立底脚...
- isolated operation 单独运行,单机运行...
- isolated myocarditis 孤立性心肌炎...
- isolated system 孤立系,孤立系统...
- isolated reaction 孤立反应
- isolated thunderstorm 局部风暴
- isolated conduction 绝缘性传 导...
- isolated pitting 孤立麻点,孤立锈坑...
- isolated node 孤立节点
- isolated body 分离体
There were still isolated cases of defiance towards the new Government, but they were rare.出自： J. Reed
An isolated place, hidden..by the surrounding desert and hills.出自： B. Emecheta
A bitter man, secretive and isolated.出自： L. Nkosi
- remote 遥远的
- secluded 与世隔绝的
- lonely 寂寞的，孤独的...
- alone 单独的
- single 单一的
- friendless 没有朋友的
- solitary 孤独的
- apart 相距
- private 私人的
- monastic 僧侣
- lone 孤单的
- forsaken 被遗忘的
- cloistered 隐居的
- deserted 废弃的
- cut off 切断
- inaccessible 难接近的
- one-off 一次性的
- exceptional 异常的
- unique 独特的
- special 特别的
- insular 岛的
- separated 分开的
- detached 超然的
- marooned 动词maroon的过去式...
- quarantined 动词quarantine...
- obscure 难解的
- disjunct 分离的
- set-apart 分离的
- stranded 搁浅的
- stray 走失的家畜