- adj. 单一的；单个的；特指某人或某物；单身的；单人的；单程的
- n. 单程票；单曲；单人房间；单身者；<美>一元纸币；(网球)单打比赛；(板球)一分打；(棒球)一垒打
- v. 挑选(一个)
- vt. 挑选 select from others for special attention, etc.
- [C] 单程票 a single ticket
- [U] 单打 s single run
- 单一的,单个的 having only one part, quality; being only one
a base hit on which the batter stops safely at first base
the smallest whole number or a numeral representing this number;
"he has the one but will need a two and three to go with it"
"they had lunch at one"
being or characteristic of a single thing or person;
"individual drops of rain"
"please mark the individual pages"
"they went their individual ways"
used of flowers having usually only one row or whorl of petals;
"single chrysanthemums resemble daisies and may have more than one row of petals"
existing alone or consisting of one entity or part or aspect or individual;
"upon the hill stood a single tower"
"had but a single thought which was to escape"
"a single survivor"
"a single serving"
"a single lens"
"a single thickness"
not married or related to the unmarried state;
"unmarried men and women"
"sex and the single girl"
"are you married or single?"
characteristic of or meant for a single person or thing;
"an individual serving"
"a single bed"
having uniform application;
"a single legal code for all"
not divided among or brought to bear on more than one object or objective;
"judging a contest with a single eye"
"a single devotion to duty"
"gained their exclusive attention"
hit a single;
"the batter singled to left field"
- The letter was written on a single sheet of paper.
- I'd like to have a single room, preferably, facing south.
- Every single child will receive a gift.
- Freshwater is the single most precious element for life on earth.
- He can't stay single for a long time.
- A single room with a bath, if possible.
- I need a single ticket to Paris tonight.
- There are two second-class singles to Leeds.
- His first single topped the charts for six weeks.
- I'm sorry. Mr. Smith, your request arrived too late to reserve a single.
- They organize parties for singles.
- I'd like to break this ten dollar bill into ten singles.
- The teacher was reluctant to single out individual students for praise or blame.
- single out (v.+adv.)
挑出 select from others for special attention, etc.
single sb/sth ⇔ out
They were all to blame, why single him out for punishment?
Why have you singled this out for criticism?
He singled out in human nature the ugly elements to mock at.
Three other people were singled out for special praise.
He was singled out to succeed his uncle.
- single appropriately 合适地挑选
- single arbitrarily 任意地挑选
- single critically 挑剔地挑选
- single definitely 肯定地挑选
- single deliberately 深思熟虑地挑选
- single discreetly 慎重地挑选
- single dispassionately 不带偏见地选出
- single emotionally 情绪激动地挑选
- single fastidiously 过分讲究地挑选
- single finally 最后地挑选
- single impudently 厚颜无耻地选出
- single inevitably 不可避免地挑选
- single injudiciously 不明智地挑选
- single instinctively 本能地挑选
- single invariably 不变地挑选
- single irrelevantly 不相关地挑选
- single logically 按逻辑推理地挑选
- single mistakenly 错误地挑选
- single morally 道义地挑选
- single nonsensically 无意义地挑选
- single precisely 精确地挑选
- single promiscuously 不加区分地挑选
- single prudently 慎重地挑选
- single resolutely 果断地挑选
- single righteously 正直地挑选
- single ruthlessly 无情地选出
- single scrupulously 认真地挑选
- single sensibly 合理地挑选
- single shrewdly 明智地挑选
- single speedily 快速地挑选
- single sympathetically 同情地挑选
- single tactfully 机敏地挑选
- single tastefully 趣味高雅地挑选
- single ultimately 最后地挑选
- single unaccountably 不可理解地挑选
- single unanimously 一致挑选
- single universally 筛选
- single out 挑出
'Refer to me as a bachelorette.' 'I think the term is swinging single now.'出自： M. Gordon
She lived in a condominium complex for singles.出自： D. Leavitt
Behold her, single in the field, yon solitary Highland lass.出自： Wordsworth
She was quite single and by herself, deriving from nobody.出自： D. H. Lawrence
His early sheep knowledge came back to him as he began to single out the ewe.出自： N. M. Gunn
When I talk to a group of people I always have to single one out and talk to him.出自： S. Plath