- v. 孵；(细菌等)培养；逐渐发展；酝酿，深思；(传染病)潜伏
grow under conditions that promote development
sit on (eggs);
"The female covers the eggs"
- The female bird incubates the eggs for about sixteen days while the male brings food.
- He incubated germs in a laboratory.
- The plans for revolution has long been incubating in their minds.
- The BSE bug incubates for three years.
In time the other eggs, incubated solely by action of the sun, hatched.出自： J. A. Michener
Gannets and guillemots incubate one egg at a time.出自： R. Dawkins