- v. 砍；劈；砍倒；砍成；固守；开辟
- abbr. (美)卫生、教育及福利部(=Department of Health；Education；and Welfare)
make or shape as with an axe;
"hew out a path in the rock"
strike with an axe; cut down, strike;
"hew an oak"
- Then she two only stretch out, and let him hew away.
- He knew better than to attempt to hew rocks with razor.
- He was told not to hew down that ancient tree.
- He hewed a canoe out of a tree trunk.
- Every student must hew to the rules and regulations of the college.
- They hewed their way through the dense jungle.
In a fury he hewed at them with his sword.出自： Tolkien