prevent the occurrence of; prevent from happening;
"Let's avoid a confrontation"
"head off a confrontation"
"avert a strike"
- The first thing to be done was to head off the enemy from the tender spots and vital places.
- I only asked you a question. There's no need to bite my head off.
- He'll talk your head off if you give him a chance.
- Don't expect me to sit here like a good boy while Smith is up there talking his head off.
- off one's head 失去自制力
- bite someone's head off 气势汹汹地回答某人...
- off the top of one's head 不加思索地; 即兴地...
- snap someone's head off 不容分辨地抢白某人...
- laugh one's head off 笑得要死
- head off 阻止(阻拦
- blow one's head off 自杀
- knock someone's head off 痛打某人
- eat someone's head off 老是挑剔某人...
- crow one's head off 大吹大擂
- one's head off 大量
- eat one's head off 好吃懒做
- beat someone's head off 打得某人焦头烂额,彻...