- n. 肉汁；肉汤
- n. 外快
- <俚>轻易得来的钱， 容易赚得的利润
- [U]肉汁 the juice which comes out of meat as it cooks
- [U]肉卤 the thickened liquid made from this (with flour,etc.,added) to serve with meat and vegetables
a sauce made by adding stock, flour, or other ingredients to the juice and fat that drips from cooking meats
the seasoned but not thickened juices that drip from cooking meats; often a little water is added
a sudden happening that brings good fortune (as a sudden opportunity to make money);
"the demand for testing has created a boom for those unregulated laboratories where boxes of specimen jars are processed like an assembly line"
- Skim the fat off from the gravy.
- My wife likes cream gravy, but I prefer pan gravy.
- I made some gravy soup for my husband.
- Scarlett sopped the wheat cake in the gravy and put it in her mouth.
- This gravy is too thin.
- The addition of flour will thicken gravy.
- She flavoured the gravy with salt.