- [U]地心引力,重力 on the earth pulls them towards the center of the planet, so that things fall to the ground when dropped
- [U]严重性; 严肃,庄严 importance seriousness; solemnity
(physics) the force of attraction between all masses in the universe; especially the attraction of the earth's mass for bodies near its surface;
"the more remote the body the less the gravity"
"the gravitation between two bodies is proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them"
"gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love"
a manner that is serious and solemn
a solemn and dignified feeling
- He discoursed impressively on Newton's theory of gravity.
- The stone rolled down the hill by gravity.
- The force of gravity pulls things towards the earth's centre.
- The lunar gravity is about one-sixth that on earth.
- Each graduate behaved with gravity at it.
- He doesn't seem to understand the gravity of the situation.
- She does not know the gravity of her illness.
- This is a matter of the utmost gravity.
- He could hardly keep his gravity.
- An apple falls down because of gravity.
- He doesn't think you realize the gravity of the situation.
- Even children must behave with gravity at a funeral.
- increasing gravity 日趋严重
Great questions should be considered in a spirit worthy of their gravity.出自： Joseph Parker
- solemnity 庄严
- severity 严格
- dignity 尊严
- grimness 严格
- significance 重要性
- seriousness 严肃
- importance 重要
- enormity 暴行
- magnitude 大小
- soberness sober的名词形式...
- weight 重量
- gravitation [物]引力
- austerity 节俭
- dourness dour的名词形式...
- gloominess 黑暗
- asceticism 禁欲主义
- import 进口
- weightiness 重
- momentousness 重大
- force 武力
- attraction 吸引
- pull 拉
- pressure 压强
- consequence 结果
- urgency 紧急(的事)
- somberness 昏暗
- glory 光荣
- dimensions 面积
- depth 深度
- desperation 绝望
- earnestness 坚定
- thoughtfulness 体贴
- dimension 尺寸
- sobriety 清醒
- gravitational attraction 地球引力
- graveness 重大
- gravitational force 引力
- sombreness 昏暗
- levity 轻浮