- [U]统治,控制,支配,统治权 governing; power to govern
- [C]政府,内阁 body of persons governing a state
- [U](统治或治理的)方式,政体,体制 method or system of governing
the organization that is the governing authority of a political unit;
"the government reduced taxes"
"the matter was referred to higher authorities"
the act of governing; exercising authority;
"regulations for the governing of state prisons"
"he had considerable experience of government"
(government) the system or form by which a community or other political unit is governed;
the study of government of states and other political units
- The government will garrison the coastal towns.
- The government would not even consider his claim for money.
- He is a man of some influence in the government circles.
- Five hundred jobs were axed as a result of government spending cuts.
- The two systems of government are polar opposites.
- They imposed their government by force on the resistant population.
- in government
执政,统治,治理 being the government; governing
- aid a government 援助政府
- attack a government 攻击政府
- blame a government 责备政府,谴责政府
- condemn a government 谴责政府
- control a government 控制政府
- criticize a government 批评政府
- down a government 推翻政府
- form a government 〈英〉组阁
- have a government 有政府
- head a government 领导政府
- need a government 需要一个政府
- operate a government 执掌国务,管理政府
- organize a government 组织一个政府
- prefer a government 更喜欢某一政府
- run a government 执掌国务,管理政府
- seize a government 紧握政权
- set up a government 建立政府
- support a government 支持政府
- central government 中央政府
- clean government 清廉的政府
- communist government 共产党的政府
- constitutional government 立宪政治,立宪政体
- democratic government 民主政治,民主政府
- fair government 公正的管理
- federal government 联邦政治,联邦政府
- late government 上届政府
- national government 国家政府
- new government 新政府
- socialist government 社会主义政府
- strong government 强大的管理机构,强大的政府
- strong-arm government 铁腕政府
- the Republican G- 共和党政府
- weak government 不利的统治
- wise government 开明政治,开明的政府
- boss government 寡头政治
- caretaker government 过渡时期的政府(看守内阁)
- home government 本国政府
- one-party government 一党政府
- school government 学校管理
- student government 学生自治会
- the Labour G- in Britain 英国工党政府
- the People's G- 人民政府
The business of government is to promote the happiness of the society by punishing and rewarding.出自： J. Bentham
They [horses]..felt Her low firm voice and tender government.出自： Tennyson