- [C]狐,狐狸 wild animal of the dog family, with reddish brown fur, a pointed face and a bushy tail
- [C]狡猾的人 person who is clever and able to get what he wants by deceiving or manipulating others
alert carnivorous mammal with pointed muzzle and ears and a bushy tail; most are predators that do not hunt in packs
a shifty deceptive person
the grey or reddish-brown fur of a fox
English statesman who supported American independence and the French Revolution (1749-1806)
English religious leader who founded the Society of Friends (1624-1691)
a member of an Algonquian people formerly living west of Lake Michigan along the Fox River
the Algonquian language of the Fox
"We tricked the teacher into thinking that class would be cancelled next week"
be confusing or perplexing to; cause to be unable to think clearly;
"These questions confuse even the experts"
"This question completely threw me"
"This question befuddled even the teacher"
become discolored with, or as if with, mildew spots
- The fox lay dying in a pool of gore.
- The fox went to ground under a rocky escarpment.
- He's a crafty old fox.
- Don't trust him, he is a sly old fox.
- The trainee foxed the arrogant instructor with a knotty problem.
- His meeting with Mr Ma was rescheduled to fox protesters.
- The fox is known for its cleverness and cunning.
- Hunting foxes is a peculiar English sport.
- Fox preys farthest from home.
- Fox should not be of the jury at a goose's trial.
- Fox smells his own stink first.
- Fox's wiles will never enter the lion's head.
- When the fox preaches, then beware of your geese.
- You can't trust him, he's a sly old fox.
- He is a fox in a lamb's skin.
- Fox is not taken twice in the same snare.
- play fox
Foxes and statesmen, subtile wiles ensure.出自： R. Burns
Hounds..lost their fox in Lipton Sticks.出自： W. Holtby
Repeated raids by a fox in the egg-season.出自： N. Tinbergen
Has he foxed you?出自： A. B. Longstreet
I was foxed as how to cross the gulf that separated our two chairs.出自： U. Bentley
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的fox；最初源自德语的fuhs，意为狐狸。
- confuse 使困惑
- trick 诡计
- baffle 困惑
- bamboozle 欺骗
- con 骗局
- deceive 欺骗
- beauty 美人
- flummox 使混乱
- fool 傻瓜
- brown 棕色的
- hoodwink 欺骗
- muddle 混乱
- outwit 瞒骗
- perplex 使困惑
- puzzle 难题
- stump 残株
- Charles James Fox 法克斯(1877-?),...
- discombobulate 使混乱
- confound 使困惑
- pull a fast one on 用诡计占上风...
- throw 扔
- slyboots (单复同)狡猾的人...
- George Fox 佛克斯
- befuddle 使昏迷
- flim-flam 欺骗
- bedevil 使痛苦
- FOB 表袋
- play a trick on 捉弄 ...
- fuddle 使错乱
- dodger 躲闪者
- play a joke on 取笑(某人)
- play tricks 捣鬼