arouse or excite feelings and passions;
"The ostentatious way of living of the rich ignites the hatred of the poor"
"The refugees' fate stirred up compassion around the world"
"Wake old feelings of hatred"
begin to smoke;
"After the meal, some of the diners lit up"
- They made a fire to prepare for supper.
- My brother is chopping logs for the fire.
- The campers went foraging for wood to make a fire.
- I can't start a fire without matches.
- She gets mad when you wake her up so early.
- His manner really got my blood up.