- 忠实的,守信的 full of or showing loyalty
- 如实的,可靠的,忠于原文的 true to the facts or to an original
- 忠贞的 loyal to one's (marriage) partner by having no sexual relationship with anyone else
any loyal and steadfast following
a group of people who adhere to a common faith and habitually attend a given church
steadfast in affection or allegiance;
"years of faithful service"
"we do not doubt that England has a faithful patriot in the Lord Chancellor"
marked by fidelity to an original;
"a close translation"
"a faithful copy of the portrait"
"a faithful rendering of the observed facts"
not having sexual relations with anyone except your husband or wife, or your boyfriend or girlfriend;
"he remained faithful to his wife"
- A true friend is faithful to the end.
- Mary is faithful to her husband.
- His faithful pet dog bore him company.
- This newspaper gave a faithful account of the event.
- The lovers promised to be faithful forever.
- We are all faithful listeners to the program.
- The dog remained faithful to his master.
- Do you think the film adaptation was faithful to the book?
- Her husband was always faithful to her.
Naturally good, and faithfull to his word.出自： Dryden
I may have discarded Christian sexual ethics, but I do believe in being faithful to one person at a time.出自： J. Barnes