- vt. 擦掉；删掉；除去
remove by erasing or crossing out or as if by drawing a line;
"Please strike this remark from the record"
"scratch that remark"
- She expunged the sound of his voice from the tape recording.
- The editor expunged a passage from the book.
- Nothing can expunge the shame of what he did.
- Her name was expunged from the list.
- Civilization may be expunged if there is another world war.
Certain moments she wanted to expunge completely from his mind.出自： E. F. Benson
A culture cannot be expunged from the face of the earth by political directive.出自： Y. Menuhin