with specific intentions; for the express purpose;
"she needs the money expressly for her patients"
- I expressly told him I wouldn't go.
- I told you expressly to lock the door.
- You were expressly told not to touch my papers.
- The rule was introduced expressly for this purpose.
- This ship was designed expressly for exploring the Arctic waters.
- Icame expressly to bring it to you.
- We came here expressly to see the sunrise.
- It is an article written expressly for the paper.
Peasants were expressly forbidden to leave the estates.出自： P. Ustinov