- n. (=inquiry) 询问
- [C]打听,询问 (an act of) inquiring
- [C]调查,查问 an attempt to find out the reason for sth or how sth happened
an instance of questioning;
"there was a question about my training"
"we made inquiries of all those who were present"
a search for knowledge;
"their pottery deserves more research than it has received"
a systematic investigation of a matter of public interest
- He's quite within his rights to demand an enquiry.
- Various malpractices by police officers were brought to light by the enquiry.
- I am sorry, I am not able to help you with your enquiry.
- He makes an enquiry for the product.
- They referred me to the Enquiry Office.
- It isn't manners to make too many enquiries into other people's affairs.
- I have made enquiries of several persons.
- We are helping the police with their enquiries.
- After months of fruitful enquiry we finally discovered the truth.
- The government has decided to launch an enquiry into the incident.
- As letters have proved of no avail, personal enquiry shall replace them.
- answer sb's -ries 回答某人的问题
- bear enquiry 经得起追查
- carry out〔conduct, hold〕 many -ries 对…进行多方调查
- make -ries about sth 询问某事