- n. 问题；疑问
- v. 询问；怀疑
- 怀疑，疑义， 疑窦
- 怀疑，对...表示疑问 ，对...提出疑问，对…表示异议
- [C]问题 form of expression in speech or writing that requests an answer from sb
- [C]议题,难题 topic that is being or needs to be discussed; problem that needs to be solved
- [U]质疑 raising of doubt
- vt. & vi. 盘问; 提问 ask questions
- vt. & vi. 对…表示质疑 have or express doubt about
an instance of questioning;
"there was a question about my training"
"we made inquiries of all those who were present"
the subject matter at issue;
"the question of disease merits serious discussion"
"under the head of minor Roman poets"
a sentence of inquiry that asks for a reply;
"he asked a direct question"
"he had trouble phrasing his interrogations"
uncertainty about the truth or factuality or existence of something;
"the dubiousness of his claim"
"there is no question about the validity of the enterprise"
a formal proposal for action made to a deliberative assembly for discussion and vote;
"he made a motion to adjourn"
"she called for the question"
an informal reference to a marriage proposal;
"he was ready to pop the question"
challenge the accuracy, probity, or propriety of;
"We must question your judgment in this matter"
pose a series of questions to;
"The suspect was questioned by the police"
"We questioned the survivor about the details of the explosion"
pose a question
conduct an interview in television, newspaper, and radio reporting
place in doubt or express doubtful speculation;
"I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"
"she wondered whether it would snow tonight"
- He gave me no chance to reply to his question.
- That is a great international question of the day.
- Make a mark where you have a question.
- There was some question as to his honesty.
- The teacher will question us on verbs.
- We shall have to detain him and question him.
- I would never question her honesty.
- We must question your judgment in this matter.
- Answer the following questions.
- The students asked a lot of questions.
- We must consider the question in all its bearings.
- What did you say in answer to the teacher's question?
- If you have any questions, ask the director.He's in charge.
- The professor said that he would not go into the question in great detail.
- The question is still up in the air.
- The question was how field work should be planned in view of the previous day's rain.
- There was absolutely no question about the diagnosis, she had lung cancer.
- It's a difficult question to decide.
- I think that I've managed to solve the question of what to buy my mother for her birthday.
- There has been some question as to whether or not the President will resign.
- A question arose as to who was the legal heir.
- These are questions that lie outside the purview of our inquiry.
- I prefer questioning my pupils to lecturing them.
- What right have you to question us?
- I questioned the boy until he told all he knew.
- The police questioned the witness.
- The police will begin to question the suspect.
- They are questioning the captive.
- They were questioning him for the second time.
- The police questioned her for three quarters of an hour.
- They questioned the prisoner in order to know something.
- The bandits questioned us one by one, whipping whoever refused to answer.
- I'll question the truth of his words.
- I would never question his honesty.
- Almost 400 years ago an Italian scientist named Galileo began to question Aristotle's theory of falling objects.
- No one questioned his ideas for almost 2000 years.
- Some people question the value of compulsory games at school.
- They question the importance of that matter.
- I could not but question the possibility of such flight.
- You are challenging my competence as a teacher and I question your right to do it.
- That's your right and we will never question it.
- I don't question his ability to do the job.
- The man was questioned by the police.
- Two men are being questioned by the police in connection with the robbery.
- He was questioned by the police for more than five hours.
- Some of the labour leaders were also questioned by the reactionary police.
- I question if you can do it.
- We question if his application will be approved.
- I question whether his policy will be successful.
- I questioned whether he would keep his promise.
- I question whether he can do the job in a day or two.
- We question whether his application will be approved.
- He questioned whether anybody could run a Marathon in less than two hours.
- I very much question whether this plan is practicable.
- It has been questioned whether that is the best solution for the problem.
- “What's the use of telling all this to me?” she questioned.
- ask a silly question
不要问答案已很清楚的问题 do not ask a question to which the answer is obvious
- beside the question
不切题,不相干 not be relevant to the subject
- beyond (all) question
无可置疑,毫无疑问 without argument
- in question
正被谈论的 referred to; stated
- it's a question of
涉及,有关 concerning; relevant to
- open question
未解决的问题,有争议的问题 arguable; debatable
- out of question
- out of the question
- pop the question
求婚 ask sb to marry one
- put a question mark against
提出疑问,表示怀疑 raise doubt
- put it to the question
畅所欲言 get sb to state his〔her〕 opinion
- question of moment
首要问题 topical question
- there be no question (but) that...
- There is〔was〕 no question of
- under question
在受盘问时 being questioned
- without question
- It cannot be questioned but/that...
毫无疑问 There is no question (but) that
- question about (v.+prep.)
询问,盘问 ask a question or questions
question sb about sb/sth
He proceeded to question her in detail about the school children.
They questioned her closely about her relation with the dead man.
The policeman just questioned him about his connections with the injured man.
The lawyer questioned the witness about the accident.
The scientist questioned the Indians about the river's name.
Did he question you about it?
He took the first opportunity to question his wife about it.
The enemy had not questioned him about that.
She was questioned about his immoral conduct towards her.
她被询问过有关他对她的不道德行为的情况。question sb about wh-clause
I'll question him about what he was doing last night.
The teacher questioned the children about what happened in the story.
- question as to
询问,盘问 ask (sb) about sth
question sb as to sth
We questioned the natives as to the river's name.
They invited her in and questioned her as to her ability.
- question on (v.+prep.)
询问,盘问 ask sb about sth
question sb/sth on sth
The master had told us he would question us on verbs.
They questioned him on this subject.
I'd like to question you on your views about the housing problems.
When the reading was over, she questioned the class on the content of the text.
You can question the whole class on the stories they have read.
They were all questioned on the matter.
- address a question 提出问题
- admit no question 不容置疑
- answer the question 回答这个问题
- ask a question 问个问题
- beg the question 用未经证明的假定来辩论
- bring forth a question 提出问题
- bring out a question 提出问题
- bring up a question 提出问题
- clear up a question 澄清疑点
- come into question 被讨论,变得有实际重要性
- consider the question 考虑问题
- decide the question 解决问题
- direct a question 发问
- discuss a question 讨论问题
- field a question 巧妙地回答问题
- fire the question 提出质问
- have a question 有个问题
- ignore the question 不理睬这一问题
- leave the question untouched 把这问题置于一旁
- make no question of 对…不加怀疑
- move a question 提出问题
- open to question 还有讨论的余地
- pass the question by 不注意问题
- pose a question 提出问题
- put forward a question 提出问题
- raise a question 提出问题
- reply to a question 回答一个问题
- sleep on〔upon〕 a question 把问题留到第二天解决
- sleep over a question 把问题留到第二天解决
- solve a question 解决问题
- take up the question 着手处理这一问题
- treat a question 处理问题
- turn the question off 避开这一问题
- work out a question 解决一个问题
- above question(s) 上述问题
- basic question 根本问题
- civil question 有礼貌的问题
- complicated question 疑难问题,复杂的问题
- difficult question 难题
- direct question 直截疑问句
- disputed question 有争论的问题
- easy question 容易的问题
- economic question 经济问题
- explosive question 爆炸性事件
- few questions 几个问题
- the following question(s) 下边的问题
- further question 进一步的问题
- interesting question 有趣的问题
- leading question 暗示性或诱导性的问题
- loaded question 含沙射影的问题
- major question 重大问题
- new question 新问题
- open question 未解决的问题
- personal question 个人问题
- polite question 有礼貌的问题
- political question 政治问题
- serious question 严重的问题
- sharp question 尖锐的问题
- silly question 愚蠢的问题
- similar question 相似的问题
- special question 特殊疑问句,特殊的问题
- sticky question 麻烦的问题
- straight question 直截了当的问题,明确的问题
- technical question 技术性的问题
- the first question 第一个问题
- the last question 最后的问题
- the same question 相同的问题,同样的问题
- thousand questions 许许多多的问题,无数问题
- unsettled question 未解决的问题
- vexed question 争论不休的问题,议论纷纷
- vital question 生死攸关的问题
- question to vote 提请表决的议题
- at question 可以争论的
- beside the question 离题
- beyond (all) question 毫无疑问,当然
- on this question 关于这个问题
- out of question 毫无疑问
- out of the question 不可能,办不到
- past all question 毫无疑问
- to the question 针对这问题
- without question 毫无疑问
- question about the matter 有关这事的问题
- question of importance 重要的问题
- question of time 时间问题
- question on a picture 图片问题
- question on the exam 考题
- question closely 仔细地审问
- question curiously 好奇地问
- question exhaustively 追根究底地问
- question improperly 不符合事实地问
- question innocently 天真地问
- question minutely 仔细地问
- question openly 公开怀疑
- question sternly 严厉地询问
Ask me no questions and I'll tell you no fibs.出自： Goldsmith
Excused from having to ask those ghastly sickroom questions.出自： C. Isherwood
The friends..questioned one another with their eyes.出自： J. Steinbeck
I questioned John half a century later about that suit.出自： E. Longford
An unidentified man was still being questioned in connection with Puddephat's murder.出自： Joan Smith
- question也可作“质疑”解,指不能肯定的事情或问题,是不可数名词,常与介词 about 连用。
- out of question, out of the question
- 这二者意义迥然不同：out of question通常指“毫无疑问”; out of the question 意指“不可能的”“办不到的”“不必谈的”。例如:
- I'm sure your success is out of question.我相信你成功是毫无问题的。
- To build a tunnel from England to America is out of the question.从英国建一条隧道通到美国是根本不可能的。
- question, problem
- question是一般的问题,较为常用,往往需要对方答复; problem指要解答的、须解决的或供讨论的问题,也可指难以处理的问题,还可指数学习题。例如:
- The students asked a lot of questions.学生们问了许多问题。
- We can't go out in this weather; it's out of the question.这样的天气我们不能出去,根本不要提出去的事吧。
- There is no question of his deep and last- ing love for his wife.
- 他绝不会对他的妻子有深厚而永久的 爱情。
- 毫无疑问他对妻子有深厚而永久的爱 情。
- question about, question on
- 这两个短语都用于表示询问的内容。on的宾语一般是较集中的,而about的宾语则相对广泛些。另外question on多用于“提问”,而question about多用于“询问”“盘问”。
- question, ask, inquire, interrogate, query
- Did you ask him his name and address?你问他的姓名和地址了吗?
- The police are trying to inquire into the cause of his death.警察正在设法查出他的死因。
- The prisoner was questioned by the police.犯人被警察所质问。
- The lawyer took a long time to interrogate the witness fully.律师花了很长的时间来彻底地盘问证人。
- They queried the President about his intentions.他们对总统的想法提出了疑问。
- ask最普通用词，可与demand, inquire和question换用，但ask用于口语中，指提出问题让人回答。
误 The conditions set by them are out of question.
正 The conditions set by them are out of the question.
析 out of the question表示“完全不可能的”, out of question含义与前者相反,表示“毫无疑问”。我想问您一个问题。
误 I'd like to ask you a problem.
正 I'd like to ask you a question.你做那件事前碰到什么问题了吗?
误 Did you encounter any question in doing that?
正 Did you encounter any problem in doing that?
析 problem通常指“困难,障碍”; 而question常指“疑问”。他向我提了一个问题。
误 He asked a question from me.
正 He asked a question of me.
正 He asked me a question.
析 表示“向某人提问题”,应该说 ask sb a question或 ask a question of sb,但不能说 ask a question from sb。
- ☆ 13世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的question，意为难题；最初源自拉丁语的quaestionem，意为寻求。
- topic v.
- answer 回答