- =European Academic and Research Network【计】欧洲学术研究网路
- vt. & vi. 赚得(钱); 挣钱 get money for doing work
- vt. 获得,博得 get (sth) because of one's qualities or actions
- vt. 使得到,使获得,使值得 cause sb to get; make worthy of; gain
earn on some commercial or business transaction; earn as salary or wages;
"How much do you make a month in your new job?"
"She earns a lot in her new job"
"this merger brought in lots of money"
"He clears $5,000 each month"
acquire or deserve by one's efforts or actions
- He has earned a lot of money in this month.
- He works hard, but he does not earn much money.
- How does she earn her living?
- His skill in negotiating earned him a reputation as a shrewd tactician.
- It has taken years to earn their trust.
- She exerted herself all year to earn good marks.
- He is paid less than he really earns.
- Donald was paid more than he really earns.
- She earns a high salary.
- He has earned a merit badge.
- The employer cheated the workers into the belief that they could earn 3000 yuan a month as long as they worked hard.
- He earns twice as much as I do.
- The giant oil corporations are earning fabulous profits by cunning tactics.
- Her remark earned a laugh from her husband.
- You have to work hard to earn your Bachelor of Arts degree.
- He earned the title of the Great by his victories in the war.
- At the age of thirty,Samuel became a professional astronomer and earned an international reputation.
- He earned fame and fortune.
- His fair dealing earned our confidence.
- Every penny was hard earned, and every shilling was kept until I had to spend it.
- His works has earned him many friends.
- His hard work earned him good money.
- My quick action earned me his praise.
- By 1977, his loyalty earned him the vice-presidential post.1977
- Her unselfish acts earned her the respect of all who knew her.
- The theft earned him three months in jail.
- Her dress-making earns her enough to live on.
- His writings have earned many friends for him.
- His achievements earned respect and admiration for him.
- His eccentricities had earned for him the nickname the Madman .
- His victories in the war earned for him the title of the Great .
- His devotion to self-interest has earned for him nothing but contempt.
- I had a well earned rest.
- earn a good monthly income 每月挣得的收入多
- earn admiration 受到人们的敬佩
- earn enough 挣够
- earn fame 博得名声
- earn foreign exchange 挣得外汇
- earn interest 获得利息
- earn livelihood 自行谋生
- earn one's daily bread 谋生
- earn one's keep 自行谋生
- earn one's living 谋生
- earn one's way by merit 凭贡献争取自己的前途
- earn promotions through hard work 通过努力工作得到提升
- earn respect 博得尊敬
- earn sb's enmity 招致某人仇恨
- earn sb's wrath 惹得某人大发雷霆
- earn ten dollars 挣10美元
Twenty pounds! Why, it takes me half a term to earn that.出自： E. Waugh
I earn a living as a carpenter.出自： L. Hellman
A child didn't have to earn its mother's love.出自： M. Gordon
If the public stop wanting me, I stop earning.出自： absol.
- earn, acquire, attain, gain, get, obtain, secure, win
- ☆ 直接源自古英语的earnian，意为赚，挣。