remove by drawing or pulling;
"She placed the tray down and drew off the cloth"
"draw away the cloth that is covering the cheese"
remove (a commodity) from (a supply source);
"She drew $2,000 from the account"
"The doctors drew medical supplies from the hospital's emergency bank"
- It took decades, but the persistence of the Narragansett at getting back a part of what belonged to them finally paid off.
- Pilgrims heading off to the Holy Land would deposit money with a local branch, in exchange for a letter of credit, redeemable just about everywhere along their route.
- She made the mistake of smiling mockingly, saw his fist draw back.
- This time however, the Velites lightly engaged the elephants to draw attention to themselves and retreated into the holes.
- He peeled off his heavy sweater.
- She slipped off her dress and went to the bathroom.
- Don't draw a red herring across the track.
- I often take my mind off my work by reading an interesting novel.
- play off a draw 再赛以决胜负...