facing or experiencing financial trouble or difficulty;
"distressed companies need loans and technical advice"
"financially hard-pressed Mexican hotels are lowering their prices"
"we were hard put to meet the mortgage payment"
"found themselves in a bad way financially"
generalized feeling of distress
suffering severe physical strain or distress;
"he dropped out of the race, clearly distressed and having difficulty breathing"
afflicted with or marked by anxious uneasiness or trouble or grief;
"too upset to say anything"
"spent many disquieted moments"
"distressed about her son's leaving home"
"lapsed into disturbed sleep"
"a worried frown"
"one last worried check of the sleeping children"
- He is the refuge of the distressed.
- He is in bad, distressed circumstances.
- What are you looking so distressed for?
- I was most distressed to hear the sad news of your father's death.
- After his father passed away, he was so distressed he couldn't even work.
- Knowing sorrow well,I learn the way to succour the distressed.
- Her husband's death distressed her greatly.
- The tragic news distressed us all.
Their poverty and distressed situation.出自： J. Trusler
- alarmed 惊恐的
- ailing 生病的
- afflicted 动词afflict的过去...
- uneasy 不自在的 心神不安的 不...
- upset 心烦的
- worried 担心的
- unhappy 不快乐的
- distraught 心烦意乱
- troubled 不安的
- concerned 担忧的
- anxious 渴望的
- distrait 心不在焉的
- in pain 疼痛
- suffering 痛苦
- anguished 很痛苦的
- miserable 痛苦的
- aching 疼痛的
- disquieted 动词disquiet的过...
- disturbed 有心理疾病的...
- dysphoric 烦躁不安的
- stressed 紧张的
- hard-pressed 经济拮据的
- in a bad way 情况不好