- vt. 使苦恼；折磨
- vt. 使受痛苦,折磨 cause to suffer in the body or mind
cause great unhappiness for; distress;
"she was afflicted by the death of her parents"
cause physical pain or suffering in;
"afflict with the plague"
- I don't want to afflict you with my troubles.
- He was afflicted with cancer.
- AIDS and cancer are maladies that afflict humanity.
- He will not afflict us beyond our power of endurance.
- A fatal cancer is afflicting her.
- Famine and war still afflict mankind.
- I wish you wouldn't afflict me with your constant complaints.
- These are a few of the problems which can afflict the elderly.
- A terrible restlessness that was like to hunger afflicted Martin Eden.
- It is a disease which mainly afflicts individuals between 30 and 50 years of age.
- The diseases that afflict people in poor countries are a vicious crowd.
- They may grant you power, honour, and riches but afflict you with servitude, infamy,and poverty.
- I am afflicted with his failure.
- About 40% of the country's population is afflicted with disease.
- He is afflicted with severe rheumatism.
- The area was afflicted with drought.
- Mankind is afflicted with many ills.
- My grandfather is afflicted with arthritis.
- He was afflicted by a sudden spiritual nausea.
- He was afflicted always with a gnawing restlessness.
- Only other sufferers know what it is like to be afflicted with this disease.
- He felt much afflicted at the news.
- Aid will be sent to the afflicted areas.
- be afflicted at sb's failure 为某人失败而难过
- be afflicted at seeing it 看见它而感到心痛
- be afflicted by persecution 受迫害
- be afflicted by the sad news 为这个不幸消息感到难过
- be afflicted with 为…所折磨，苦于…
- be afflicted with a conscience 受良心的责备
- be afflicted with anxiety on the subject of seeking employment 因急于寻找职业而苦恼
- be afflicted with bad eyesight 苦于视力欠佳
- be afflicted with rheumatism 患风湿病
- be afflicted with skin cancer 受皮肤癌的折磨
- be afflicted with suffering 很痛苦
Reassembling our afflicted Powers.出自： Milton
- afflict的基本意思是“使(某人)遭受不可忍受的痛苦”,尤指因无力、发怒、过度烦恼等产生的痛苦或疼痛; 是及物动词,接名词或代词作宾语; 常跟介词with连用,常用于be ～ed结构。
- afflict, inflict
- inflict的意思是“使蒙受(损失、灾难),伤害,坏人受到应有的惩罚、报应”; 而afflict的意思是“某人不幸染上疾病”或“精神上遭受打击”,其过去分词常和介词with连用。
- afflicted adj. 受(某事)煎熬的‖affliction n. 痛苦；折磨