disagreement among those expected to cooperate
a conflict of people's opinions or actions or characters
- In the past the voice of dissension had been quickly snuffed out.
- Political questions often cause dissension.
- Father's will caused much dissension among his children.
- You won't sow dissension between us.
- His words caused a great deal of dissention among his followers.
There were dissensions within the Confederate cabinet, disagreements between President Davis and his generals.出自： M. Mitchell