- n. 决定；决心；判决
- [C][U]决定,决心,判断 a choice or judgment; an act of deciding
- [U]果断,坚决 the quality of being able to make choices or judgments quickly and to act on them with firmness; resolution
- [C]决议,结果 resolution
the act of making up your mind about something;
"the burden of decision was his"
"he drew his conclusions quickly"
a position or opinion or judgment reached after consideration;
"a decision unfavorable to the opposition"
"his conclusion took the evidence into account"
"satisfied with the panel's determination"
(boxing) a victory won on points when no knockout has occurred;
"had little trouble in taking a unanimous decision over his opponent"
the outcome of a game or contest;
"the team dropped three decisions in a row"
the trait of resoluteness as evidenced by firmness of character or purpose;
"a man of unusual decisiveness"
- I don't think his decision is wise in reality.
- We can' t reach a decision without our chairman.
- All is dependent on your decision.
- The judge will give his decision tomorrow.
- The decision must be referred back, as there is now fresh information to be considered.
- The decision is still hanging.
- The decision by the headmaster was called into question by some of the teachers who thought it unnecessarily harsh.
- They grumbled to me that the decision was not fair.
- The decision of the Supreme Court shall not be appealed against.
- The decision must lie over until the next executive meeting.
- The decision overturned a century-old judicial rule.
- Tension mounted as we waited for the decision.
- The fact that the office already has a good accountant simply didn't enter into the decision.
- Despite his pleasant manner,I suspected he was fishing for information about the decisions made at the board meeting.
- He refused to associate himself with the decision.
- She argued him out of the decision.
- They let the final decision hang over until next week.
- I intend to contest the judge's decision in another court.
- The referee's decision was contested by the loser.
- We started kicking the idea around right back in January, but a decision hasn't been made yet.
- I hold that this is a right decision.
- A decision sometimes determines the future.
- I won't be hurried into a decision, you'll just have to wait!
- Once a decision is made, we must carry it out.
- Give me your decision now, stop playing for time!
- I'll get straight back to head office and inform them of your decision.
- His parents were astonished at his decision.
- His decision will cut across our basic plan.
- Several unpopular decisions diminished the governor's popularity.
- I have been kept at arm's length from all the committee's decisions.
- They have rendered a decision on that matter.
- Let's dispute the decision about that matter.
- The decision they made is that nothing should hold them back.
- My decision to go there hangs on your answer.
- She never ceased regretting her decision to go back.
- I appreciate the fact that this is not an easy decision to make.
- These were vital decisions that bore on the happiness of everybody.
- accept the/sb's decision
接受…决定〔判定〕 agreed to the decision
- affect one's decision
影响某人的决定 influence one's decision
- against the decision
反对(某一)决定 against an action
- applaud one's decision
赞许…的决定 agree to one's decision
- approve of one's decision
赞成某人的决定 agree to one's decision
- arrive at a decision
达成一项决议 reach a decision
- come to the decision
作出决定 make the decision
- delay one's decision
推迟决定(实施) postpone one's decision
- give one's decision
作出决定 reach a decision
- hand down one's decision
作出判决 judge the decision
- hang on sb's decision
取决于…决定 be decided by
- hit out at sb's decisions
猛烈抨击其决定 critic the decision
- hold off one's decision
迟迟不做决定 postpone the decision
- hold to one's decision
坚持决定 resist one's decision
- influence sb's decision
影响决定 affect one's decision
- make a decision
作出决定 give a decision
- proceed the decisions
导致…结果 come to the decision
- reach a decision
作出决定 give a decision
- recall one's decision
撤销决定 cancel one's decision
- reconsider the/one's decision
重新考虑其决定 think the decision again
- the result of one's decision
作出决定的理由 the reason of one's decision
- act with decision 断然行动
- announce a decision 宣布判决
- arrive at a decision 决定下来
- bring sth to a decision 决定某事,使某事得以解决
- come to a decision 决定下来
- delay a decision 延迟决定
- give a decision 作出决定
- hand down a decision 作出判决
- lack decision 缺乏果断
- make a decision 做决定
- need a decision 需要作出决定,需要下决心
- pass a decision 通过一项决议
- reach a decision 达成协议
- absurd decision 荒谬的决定
- clear-cut decision 明确的决定
- considered decision 深思熟虑的决定
- correct decision 正确的决定
- fair decision 公正的决定
- final decision 最后决定
- firm decision 不可动摇的决定
- just decision 公正的决定
- poor decision 不妥的决定
- quick decision 迅速的解决
- sure decision 果断的决定
- wise decision 聪明的决定,明智的决定
- wrong decision 错误的决定
The two umpires shall then elect a referee, whose decision shall be final.出自： G. B. Shaw
They appealed the juvenile court decision.出自：New Society
- decision经常与动词 make, reach, arrive at, give, come to等词连用(但不可用do),均表示“作出决定”。
- decision后面可接动词不定式做同位语,而不接 of v -ing。
My decision to apply for further details.
- reach/arrive a decision都可以解释为“做出决定”。
- resolution指自觉地正式表示的决心，含极强的主观能动意味，比如new year's resolution。
误 We have taken the decision that you should leave at once.
正 We have made the decision that you should leave at once.
正 We have decided that you should leave at once.
析 “决定”应该是 make the decision,而不是take the decision。她决定退休使我为之一惊。
误 Her decision retiring surprised me.
正 Her decision to retire surprised me.
- ☆ 15世纪中期进入英语，直接源自中世纪法语的decision；最初源自拉丁语的decisionem。