decree or designate beforehand;
"She was destined to become a great pianist"
design or destine;
"She was intended to become the director"
- They were destined never to meet again.
- Their attempt is destined to failure.
- He was destined from his birth to enter into the church.
- They destinded him for the navy.
- This money is destined for a new house.
- His parents destined him for a career at the Bar.
- be destined for 派往 ...
An event..which was destined to change ultimately the face of things.出自： R. Fry