- [C]鸟冠；羽冠 a showy growth of feathers on top of a bird's head
- [C](昔日头盔上的)羽饰 a decoration like this worn,especially in former times,on top of a soldiers' helmets
- [C](尤指山的)顶，(波浪的)峰 the top or highest point of sth,especially of a hill or a wave
- [C]信封，信笺上的饰章 a special picture used as a personal mark on letters,envelopes,etc.,or above the shield on a coat of arms
the top line of a hill, mountain, or wave
the top or extreme point of something (usually a mountain or hill);
"the view from the peak was magnificent"
"they clambered to the tip of Monadnock"
"the region is a few molecules wide at the summit"
the center of a cambered road
(heraldry) in medieval times, an emblem used to decorate a helmet
a showy growth of e.g. feathers or skin on the head of a bird or other animal
lie at the top of;
"Snow capped the mountains"
reach a high point;
"The river crested last night"
- A surfboard fin sliced the crest of a wave.
- The hissing crest of the huge wave bites at your shoulder.
- The rooster bristled his crest.
- The redness of her crest makes maples loss color.
- Feliks saw the crest on the back of the envelope.
- The city wall symbol in the middle of the crest symbolizes a big city.
- The stone buildings perch on a hill crest.
- He reached the crest of the hill before dawn.
- He is riding the crest of a wave of popularity.
- Be modest when you are on the crest of the wave.
- As we crested the hill, we saw the castle.
- He slowed the pace as they crested the ridge.
- The river will crest in two hours.
- The birds' feather crests are raised.
- The male is recognizable by its yellow crest.
- Our cabin stood on the crest of a hill.
- Never attempt to overtake on the crest of a hill.
Many were vain enough to have these armorial crests..but Sir Lancelot always contented himself with a bare helmet.出自： T. H. White
Broad battlements Crested the bulwark.出自： Southey
- crown 王冠
- peak 尖端
- summit 顶点
- top 顶部
- tuft (头发、羽毛等)一绺...
- comb 梳子
- decoration 装饰
- ridge 脊
- insignia 徽章
- plume 羽毛
- apex 顶点
- topknot 鸟的冠毛
- growth 【U】增长
- cockscomb 鸡冠
- coat of arms 盾形纹章
- feather 羽毛
- emblem 象征
- symbol 符号
- heraldry 纹章学
- zenith 顶点
- glory 光荣
- pinnacle 小尖塔
- altitude 高度
- cap 帽子
- tip 小费
- trough 水槽
- crested adj. 有顶饰的；有冠毛的