- [C]庭院,院子 an open space wholly or partly surrounded by buildings
- [C]法庭,法院 a room or building in which law cases can be heard and judged
- [C]宫廷,宫室 the official home of a king or queen
- [C]球场 an area specially prepared and marked for various ball games, such as tennis
an assembly (including one or more judges) to conduct judicial business
a room in which a lawcourt sits;
"television cameras were admitted in the courtroom"
the sovereign and his advisers who are the governing power of a state
a specially marked horizontal area within which a game is played;
"players had to reserve a court in advance"
Australian woman tennis player who won many major championships (born in 1947)
the family and retinue of a sovereign or prince
a hotel for motorists; provides direct access from rooms to parking area
a tribunal that is presided over by a magistrate or by one or more judges who administer justice according to the laws
the residence of a sovereign or nobleman;
"the king will visit the duke's court"
an area wholly or partly surrounded by walls or buildings;
"the house was built around an inner court"
"pay court to the emperor"
make amorous advances towards;
"John is courting Mary"
seek someone's favor;
"China is wooing Russia"
engage in social activities leading to marriage;
"We were courting for over ten years"
- Sherman recommended that Clarke be disciplined, but higher-ups rejected the idea.
- My court is deserted but I do not care.
- The court of King Solomon was noted for its splendor.
- The court moves to the country in the summer.
- He dropped the ball to the back of the court .
- The two players entered the court hand in hand.
- He has been courting the director, hoping to get the leading role in the play.
- The young man courted the young lady by bring her flowers every day.
- He courted disaster by getting mixed up with criminal types.
- He courted the audience's affection.
- The court is very dirty.
- The matter is still pending in court.
- The defendant told the court that he had never seen the woman before.
- He was said to have served at court for years.
- He had been received at all the courts of Europe.
- Are the players on court yet?
- court martial 军事法庭
- clay court 红土网球场
- court order 法院指令
- court card 人头牌(纸牌中之Ki...
- court tennis 室内网球(别于law...
- admiralty court <英>海事法庭...
- court day 开庭日
- arbitration court 仲裁法庭
- court circular (英国皇家给新闻界的...
- court dress 宫廷服
- court plaster 薄橡皮膏布
- court decision 法院判决
- court roll 法院案卷
- county court 州[郡]法院
- backhand court 左场区、反手区...
- ad court 单数局
- circuit court 巡回法庭
- base court [法] 初级法院...
- bankruptcy court 破产法庭
- court of law 法院
Jacob's rooms..were in Neville's Court.出自： V. Woolf
To flatter kings, or court the great.出自： Goldsmith
- court的基本意思是“庭院,院子”,指用栅栏等东西围起来的地方,也可指三面有建筑物的“小街道”,此时通常用大写作为名字的一部分。引申可指“法庭,法院”,指国家所设立的审理诉讼案件的机构。如其前加定冠词the,则指一次开庭的“全体出庭人员”。作“宫廷,朝廷”解时,首字母通常大写,泛指“宫廷”; 与the连用可表示国王(或女王)及王室、贵族、官员随从等的统称。还可作“球场”解。
- ☆ 15世纪初期进入英语，直接源自古法语的cort，意为围，围起来的地方。
- yard 院子
- woo 寻求支持
- court of law 法院
- courtyard 庭院
- Crown Court 英国刑事法庭; (英国)...
- federal court 联邦政府法院...
- High Court 高级法院
- law court 法院
- patio 天井
- quad 用空铅填
- square 正方形
- date 日期
- encourage 鼓励
- go out 出去
- invite 邀请
- risk 危险
- see 看见
- playground 操场
- tribunal 法庭
- chase 追捕
- enclosure 附件
- field 田地
- pursue 追求
- please 请（=plz）
- romance 浪漫史
- entourage 随行人员
- bring 带来
- bench 长凳
- compound 化合物
- act 行为
- solicit 恳求
- motor hotel 汽车旅馆
- motor inn 汽车旅馆
- lawcourt 法庭
- judicature 司法
- courtroom 法庭
- court of justice 法庭,法院
- tourist court 汽车旅馆
- homage 敬意
- motor lodge 汽车旅馆
- stadium 体育场
- gymnasium 体育馆