an admission of misdeeds or faults
a written document acknowledging an offense and signed by the guilty party
(Roman Catholic Church) the act of a penitent disclosing his sinfulness before a priest in the sacrament of penance in the hope of absolution
a public declaration of your faith
the document that spells out the belief system of a given church (especially the Reformation churches of the 16th century)
- They saw compromise as a confession of weakness.
- Such an explanation is tantamount to a confession.
- His confession involved a number of other politicians in the affair.
- By clever questioning they trapped him into making a confession.
- The police tricked him into making a confession.
- The priest made a deathbed confession.