an order to report for military duty
bring forward for consideration;
"The case was called up in court"
get or try to get into communication (with someone) by telephone;
"I tried to call you all night"
"Take two aspirin and call me in the morning"
recall knowledge from memory; have a recollection;
"I can't remember saying any such thing"
"I can't think what her last name was"
"can you remember her phone number?"
"Do you remember that he once loved you?"
"call up memories"
call to arms; of military personnel
- Forgive me so early to call up you please.
- She can still call up scenes of childhood.
- Round up a few friends to help you.
- Call up reserves and as many recruits as possible.
- He was called up at the beginning of the war.
- The government is calling up men for the army.
- call up 给 ... 打电话...